While on-trend styles of micro fringes and bejewelled plaits have dominated the hair waves throughout the summer, timeless styling is back in demand for AW19 by clients who want something classical, beautiful and stands the test of time.
Cos Sakkas, international artistic director and head of education at TONI&GUY, says there’s nothing more beautiful than the classics when they’re done well.
A classic cut and style looks stylish and effortless. Whether it’s a beautiful little crop done to suit the face shape, or a cute little fringe on a short graduated bob, it’s easy to style and finish, and maintenance is at a minimum. Timeless doesn’t have to mean boring, and it doesn’t have to be restricted to the over 50s; a classic cut and finish will add a touch of beauty to any age, outfit and occasion.
Cos’s tips when creating classical styles:
- There are four timeless looks that can easily be made modern – the bob, the shag, the pixie crop and the fringe.
- Keep them timeless with the cut, and modern with the finish – add some texture through the lengths, keep it smooth or gently tuck behind the ear. A simple twist will bring it right up-to-date.
- Timeless styling is all about versatility – it can be smartened up during the week, be easy to wear through the weekend and become more sassy for the evening.
- Product use will modernise any classic style for example, a dry shampoo that will give an effortless finish.
- Use colour to add depth, dimension and detail.
www.toniandguy.com / Instagram: @cossakkas